beer during pregnancy...30 weeks

im 30 weeks pregnant and have been craving beer!!!! we r having a pool party today, and i was wondering if it is safe to drink half of one or so?? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Personally I think it is stupid if you do drink.
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 12:28 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Just one question for ya: W H Y ??? Can you not frickin live without a beer for the sake of your child's future intelligence? You are now a mom, get ready for some sacrificing.

Craving beer??? Seriously...
    Anonymous

• Try buying a nonalcoholic beer... regular alcoholic beer is not good during pregnancy! One with no alcohol should be ok and would satisfy the craving for one! :)
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 12:31 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• You shouldn't drink while pregnant. This might answer some of your questions http://www.babycenter.com/0_drinking-alcohol-during-pregnancy_3542.bc

SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 12:33 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I had a friend who had a baby shower I went to and she was between 27-34 weeks and she was drinking wine coolers!! and her son is just fine. I am not saying it ok.
    Anonymous

• also don't buy "non-alcoholic" they also contain trace amounts of alcohol. If you do decide to go that route then buy "alcohol free" there is a difference as pointed out in the article I posted above
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 12:35 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I crave beer as well have you tried any of the non-alcoholic beers? I have the occasional odouls they taste ok coors makes one as well. ( If you like red beers I mix it with tomato or clamato juice... yes that has been my #1 craving.) When I talked to my doctor about it he actually said it would be worse to drink a soda than a non alcoholic beer.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 12:36 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• there are non-alcohol and there are near-beers ( .5% alcohol I think)... just read the back and make sure it doesn't contain any.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 12:38 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Why do you want to drink when you are pregnant anyway?! My sister in law drank while she was pregnant too the baby didn't come out fine. It's not good to drink when you have something precious inside of you.
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 12:46 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Here's my question, how many people who said no to drinking a beer would have said it's fine t have a glass of wine? It's the same thing alcohol-wise. A 6 oz glass of wine, a 12 oz beer, and a 1 1/2 oz shot of hard liquor contains the same amount of alcohol. So if wine is okay then why is beer or hard alcohol not?

My personal stance is that any alcohol during pregnancy is wrong. There is no known amount of alcohol that is safe to drink during pregnancy. I know that some Drs will say a glass or two of wine is alright, but I don't believe it. I think that a mom who can't put aside alcohol for 9 months is selfish. But having worked with kids with FASD, I'm pretty biased about this.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:57 PM on Jul. 25, 2009