any tips or ways..

Hi. I am planning on delivering my second child naturally.menaing no epidural or any medical pain killers. For the mommies who delivered without pain meds. what were your ways of relaxing and taking charge of your body? i am going to research this whole pregancy ways of relaxing and such but i wanted to hear what others have done to keep calm and ush without completly loosing it!:) i apprecite it. thank you.

naturepeace

Asked by naturepeace at 1:00 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• ALSO one more important lesson, that I learned the hard way.... don't tense up and squeeze things during contractions!!!!!!! I was sore for weeks after my first, because I squeezed everything so tightly.. If you need to tap your hands on something do that!! SO SO painfull afterward!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 2:23 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I had my first child natural and I was planin that for my second that I just delivered on monday 7lbs 10 oz and i got the epidural. but with my first one iuse warm water and had my boyfriend rub my back and neck it makes I a little more easier. just remember to breathe through the contractions and relax dont let go to your head.
    devileinsmom

Answer by devileinsmom at 1:16 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• THE TUB!!!!! I had 3 without meds and I couldnt have done it without the tub! Thankfully my hospital has the jacuzzi! I also had a great midwife who helped me through it all. Good luck and YOU CAN DO IT!!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 2:20 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• thank you! wow yes! i learned that as well with my first. i felt like i had no control over my body andi made it to only 6 cm dilated before i gave in and took the epi. i squeezed and tensed up during contrctions and man o man did i feel it after wards for like a week. it was insane so thanks for reminding me of that! and im hoping my new hospital has the tub..ive heard thats its such an easier way.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 2:59 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• i suggest you read "spiritual midwifery" and "ina may's guide to childbirth" both by ina may gaskin.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 4:12 PM on Jul. 25, 2009