What is the first thing/things you pack when you are moving?

I am moving in a few months and I have already started to think of what I will be packing first. That got me wondering what is the first thing or things everyone else packs.

mslksdh

Asked by mslksdh at 1:26 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• knick knacks and other "keepsakes" that are only going to be in the way or get damaged when I start the heavy packing
    chrissifaye

Answer by chrissifaye at 1:29 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Stuff that's rarely used and won't be needed before the move. Like Xmas decorations, the fondue pot, the cotton candy maker, camping equipment. Then I work on knick knacks and out of season clothing.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 1:32 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I pack like swesson

Answer by admckenzie at 1:35 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• i don't know why i always start with books,most of the books,then as the others said nic nacs or keepsakes...then clothing that i don't wear or shoes that i don't wear on reg basis. anything that doesn't get used more than a couple times a month gets packed first!
    ari_baby

Answer by ari_baby at 1:38 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Anything out of season, so moving in the fall I'd be packing up Winter clothes and items. Then shoes and handbags that I wouldn't need for a while. While packing, I'd have some big garbage bags in the same room so I could sort as I packed. I'd have a bag for donating and a bag for trash. No use to pack and move things I'd toss after arriving or wouldn't use again. Then I'd pack up books- again eliminating those I wouldn't read again. Then same thing with CDs and DVDs. Then out of season bedding. Stuff that just sits around- vases, souvenirs, wall hangings, decorations out of season, extra soaps, paper goods. Donating or throwing out anything I could.

Answer by Bmat at 1:41 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• i started stocking up on rubermaid things, and putting things away that i noticed we didnt use...my stuff is in storage though. but old clothes or out of season clothes, books, baby stuff my son wasnt using, then i moved to stuff we werent using in the kitchen, and kept going from there. pack a box or two once a week. and when it gets down to the last month get it all done atleast aweek early YOU ALWAYS HAVE MORE THAN YOU THINK!!!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 1:42 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• We are moving next month (end of august) and I have all the out of season clothes packed. All the excess things in my kitchen are packed, the decorations from around the house, everything in the storage room is packed and I plan on going through the kids rooms this week and start packing all the toys they aren't really playing with and any extra clothes I can find.
    snwalways

Answer by snwalways at 1:48 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• The thing I use less of like knick knacks on shelves,
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 2:56 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Stuff that wont be used like decorations, books,etc.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:52 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Things that I don't need on a daily basis.
    grooveybabe004

Answer by grooveybabe004 at 4:44 PM on Jul. 25, 2009