What breast pump brand do you recommend?

I'm going back to school and I need a good portable pump. I had bought the Medela hand pump with my dd, and it only yielded so much milk and made my boobs swollen. I need one that works well with batteries since I probably won't have access to an outlet if I pump in between classes.

I know they got some travel pumps in the $250s and 300s. Really would hate to buy one, but would hate to supplement, too. And it seems you can only rent medical grade pumps.

aluvk4evr

Asked by aluvk4evr at 1:34 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I use the medela pump in style and I love it.
    Anonymous

• I had a Lansinoh electric/battery pump. It was a double and I loved it. I believe it was around $150 at Walmart. I have also used an Avent and a Medela manual single pump, but I loved the Lansinoh one.
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 1:37 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I should also add, it had a base for the bottles to sit in and a carrying case AND it was quiet.
    tangleballlover

• I recommend the Medela Pump In Style. Worth every penny.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:06 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• You should try the Medela freestyle! It is wonderful!! It is Medela's newer pump. It's the size of your hand and the battery life is great! It pumps just as well as the pump n' style if not better. I used a pump n' style the first time around and switched to the freestyle during my 2nd pregnancy. It also comes with the "hands free" pumping equipment which as dorky as it looked came in handy!...it also comes with all the bottles, carrying case, cold bag, etc.
    lucysmomrocks

Answer by lucysmomrocks at 2:37 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• If you are on a budget definitely go with the lansinoh double electric. It's around $150 and it's lightweight. It's the same pump as the Ameda Purely Yours, which I have and love. You could also check with your insurance company to see if they will get you a pump.
    Daynaof3

Answer by Daynaof3 at 2:51 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I love the avent isis manual over the thousand dollar ones at the hospital! It doesn't hurt and works great!!
    GDIMOM

Answer by GDIMOM at 3:18 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I use the Medela Pump In Style and while it is on the higher end price wise, it is indeed worth every penny. It is wonderfully portable, and efficient.
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 4:40 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• thank you. Gonna go look them up now.
    aluvk4evr

Answer by aluvk4evr at 5:23 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Medela pump in style!!
    ALDmama

Answer by ALDmama at 4:13 AM on Jul. 26, 2009