Moving and RE-Decorating?!

Okay, so im moving into a new place soon. I sold all my old furniture. My question, How do i decorate?! lol, im not creative, and i dont have a whole bunch of money, but i want to have a contemporary hous, something simple but stylish. Where do i start looking. I dont have an eye for putting things together. Most of my stuff looks nice seperate, then together looks like a MESS! HELP! any adivice will be appreciated! including websites!!!

sweetstkissez22

Asked by sweetstkissez22 at 1:39 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• When you're shopping, don't just pick out things that look nice on the shelf. Pick out the furniture first, and have a plan. Have a theme, or color scheme you want for each room. While you're shopping, think about the scheme you're going with, and make sure everything goes together nicely. For example, my house is in earthy tones. My living room, I have a pale moss green sofa, and all the decorations are gold, copper and brown. My bathroom is the same scheme, so I have tan curtains with palm trees on them, and the same color soap dishes, etc. and rich brown rugs.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 1:49 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Look in furniture and accessory stores to see if you find a look that you like. Look through decorating magazines to see what appeals. Check in the library to see if there are books with ideas.

Answer by Bmat at 1:44 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Feng shui is something to take into consideration house plants new carpets or hardwood floors throw rugs can pull a room of mixmatched furnature together. the goodwill estate sales and antique stores are nice inexpencive places to shop.
    GINSMUM123

Answer by GINSMUM123 at 1:50 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Hgtv.com has a section called rate my space, and you can get a ton of ideas on there.
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 5:50 PM on Jul. 25, 2009