Would you put your child's life before your life?

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/new.php?n=16654
Denver, Colo., Jul 24, 2009 / 03:19 pm (CNA).- Though Mayra Sandoval died of cancer on July 8, her son Samuel is alive and healthy thanks to her insistence on choosing life, against the advice of doctors who urged her to abort. Now, Mayra’s husband and friends remember her as a powerful witness to the immeasurable value of life.

In an interview with the Denver Catholic Register, Mayra’s husband, Ricardo Flores, recalled the battle of faith and trust that the couple underwent in the months leading up to her death.

Both Ricardo and Mayra were born in Mexico. They moved to U.S., where they met three years ago, began to date, and eventually moved in together. At the time, neither had a strong faith, but they were nevertheless overjoyed when, in October 2008, Mayra became pregnant.

drink-lover

Asked by drink-lover at 1:41 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• There were absolutely NO guarantees in that situation that IF she had aborted she would have been saved. Seems like it would have been that much more tragic had they aborted and she died anyway, at least now there's a piece of her left behind. I believe we would have done the same thing had my dh and I been in that situation.
    Anonymous

• Though Mayra Sandoval died of cancer on July 8, her son Samuel is alive and healthy thanks to her insistence on choosing life, against the advice of doctors who urged her to abort. Now, Mayra’s husband and friends remember her as a powerful witness to the immeasurable value of life.
    drink-lover

Answer by drink-lover at 1:42 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Oh jeez. Yanno, I'm pro-choice. I can't say what I would do in that situation.

Hate me if you will.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:47 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I do...every single day. Its more like how could you NOT put your child before yourself. Even if it means adopting a child out to a home that they could grow up in that is more ideal than your own....but thats just too hard, right?
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 1:48 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• If the child was here already I definitely would. But if I was in the first trimester, I'd win every time. I've got other kids to take care of.
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 1:48 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• If I was near delivery time...you bet that child would come first. I already made that VERY clear to my husband over the last few years.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:50 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I would abort. I have other children to think about, and I'm just not strong enough to suffer through the pain of cancer without attempting to fight the disease.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:50 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• you are absolutely correct anon in the end your other children will be left with a dead mother and dead brother killed by their mother.
    drink-lover

Answer by drink-lover at 2:11 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Why are you picking on anon drinker? She said that she would do the same as the mother in your question. Pay attention. Maybe it is too early to be drinking just yet.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 2:22 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I didn't think I was picking on her, I thought I was agreeing with her. Maybe you should pay attention?

unless you are talking about the "your" which was used in general sense.
    drink-lover

Answer by drink-lover at 2:27 PM on Jul. 25, 2009