Do you believe that the government has found the cure for cancer, but they're just hiding it? Do you think everyone who doesn't believe this is brainwashed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I dont personally feel that way, but I have heard that theory before. Frankly, it wouldnt surprise me. Greed is so profound and could definitely keep someone from acting on doing what is right. Cancer treatment is a multimillion dollar business.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 1:51 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• No, but I wonder about the sanity of those who insist on conspiracy theories.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:51 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• No.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 1:54 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I don't necessarily believe it, but it also wouldn't shock me if it came out. Like momofsaee said, cancer treatment is a multimillion dollar business and all those docs would be out of jobs. It makes me sick to think that it is a possibility since my grandma recently passed away from cancer, but like I said, it also wouldn't surprise me.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 2:00 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• No, but I do believe that quite a few recent studies have shown that the active ingredient in marijuana can kill brain and lung cancer cells and that the goverment is not jumping on it because of their long history of vilianizing the plant. It will make them lok pretty stupid if it turns out this plant is the long searched for cure for cancer and we never knew it because of their refusal to let it be grown for studies.
    Anonymous

• jmpeskie- sorry for your loss. We lost my Grandfather to it recently as well.
    Anonymous

• No. There are too many different types of cancers. It would be nice if there would be a single cure for all, but there won't be.

My Granddaddy died from cancer more than 15 years ago. There is a hole in my heart to this day.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 2:22 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I don't believe there is a cure yet/so many cancers. I believe some diseases were created by our government and either with the disease or with the treatments to fight it, they make money. There is so much they do not tell us it is frightening. I think HIV was created.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 2:27 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Speaking of HIV. wasn't it Magic Johnson that had it and then he didn't? Kind of odd don't you think?
    Anonymous

• HIV isn't usually life threatening. You can have it and live a relatively normal life. It's when you get full-blown AIDS that you're screwed.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:33 PM on Jul. 25, 2009