What do you think about teen pregnancy?

Ok this is NOT here to BASH young mother's. I want to do a shout out to them. i'm 21 with my first child, he is 8 months old, and I do NOT see how girls at 15 do it. I know when I was 15 i would have lost my mind. So i wanna say to all your girls that kept your babies and didn't abort them (whether you physically kept them or put them up for adoption) YOU are AMAZING! I know most of the time teen pregnancy is NOT planned and most young women didn't mean to get pregnant, but I really appreciate the ones that step up and keep their baby (or babies). I have seen some really great kids who were raised by teen moms. Because when your a teenager you might not know EVERYTHING but you know enough to take care of YOUR baby. So once again... Teen moms YOU are AMAZING at what you do! Never give up and continue in your education... that baby needs a mommy that can show the world she's not a statistic!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I had a baby when I was 15. I love that boy to death. But you are so right, it was very very hard. I made it through though and he is a wonderful man now. A United States Marine. ; ) I am so very proud of him.
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 2:56 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Im glad someone see's it this way, I got prego at 16 (not planned). But her father and I have taken care of her for her whole life WITH OUT help from anyone. To be honest it wasnt hard for us, my DH has been in college for two years now studying criminal justice and I am starting college in september for nursing. We arent the "typical" teen parents though, we were very lucky and had alot of support behind us and still do. My DD is almost 2 now, and is VERY smart, and we are also expecting our second baby due new years eve. I am proud of how my life turned out no matter how old I was when I had my DD.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 1:55 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• So is this a question you want answered or did you just want to share your thoughts? I am frankly quite tired of answering this question. I think teens can be great moms but still there are circumstances that are out of their control such as finances, not being married, insurance...ect. that are completely out of their control. Those issues need to be addressed and acknowledged. Sometimes no matter how mature or how willing a teen is, she still is giving her child the short end of the stick and its not fair. A fifteen yr old has no business raising a child. Call me judgmental, call me mean, call me closeminded...I dont care, but the stats are there and they dont lie. I am however a big fan of adoption. Its much harder than raising a child and requires something inside that not everyone has. Anyone see Catelyn from 16 and pregnant? That girl has more brains and common sense than most adults I know. She is truly a role model.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 1:58 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• As far as I see it if you are old enough to play "gown up" your old enough to pay. In other words if you are having sex you should be responsible enough to handle the consequences that can come from it
    BlendedMommy009

Answer by BlendedMommy009 at 2:03 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• haha meant grown up
    BlendedMommy009

Answer by BlendedMommy009 at 2:04 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• let me tell you something.... just from experience.. i got pregnant at 20 was married and it was NOT planned at all. My husband and I only made 5,000 our first YEAR of marriage. So i don't really think financially that it's worse to get preg when your a teen and NOT married then if your married and in your 20's. If everyone waited until they were financially able to, to have kids we wouldn't have kids in america right now because of the economy. Well rich people would have them. So i promote teens having sex... NO. Not that all, but the ones that do and do get pregnant, I say hooray!! They have given another human being life.... something some people cannot experience. And I don't mind if you give your opinion... I just don't want BASHING. Opinions and saying that teen mom's are sluts are totally different. :) Opinions are always welcome just not bashing
    Anonymous

• aaw thats sweet!!
    momatonly16

Answer by momatonly16 at 2:39 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I feel bad for them. I have a teen sister who is 19 she has a 4 year old and 5 year old. Her journey as a mom is much more difficult than mine is. I was 30 when I started my family and was financially able to be home with my kids and have a loving husband who is there everyday participating in our family. Her pregnancies were very difficult because of her young age and after the birth of her last she had a hysterectomy to stop the bleeding she nearly died. Her body was not fully mature and babies back to back was really hard on her body. She was devastated by it. She lives in our guest home right now while she finishes up her high school diploma. She hopes to start college next year. Her life is easier than some teen moms since she does have me to help her. It is not the life she wanted for herself. She cries a lot and wishes she had a partner to share this with her. I love her and feel bad for her.

Anonymous

• I feel bad for the teens, for they often have no clue how hard it is to take care of a child.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 3:12 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• When I think of "teen pregnancy", I think of teens who are still in school, not those who have graduated from high school already.
    Anonymous