If you don't believe in global warming, what is your opinion of conservation, and the harm that humans are doing to Earth?

Do you think depleting the rainforest and using up our resources will never come back to haunt us?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think conserving isn't a bad thing per se, but I assure you if it interests our gov't it's because there is MONEY to be made somehow. I don't mind conserving and think it's not a bad thing to teach our children...I DON'T think there our government should be giving out money (our taxes) to people as incentives, or FORCING me to do things in my home!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 2:22 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I believe in doing your green part but in global warming, I'm not sure. Historically there have been ice ages and warming periods so it's hard to know if it's just time for these changes to take place again or if it's a result of industrialization, population explosion, etc.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 2:25 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Global warming is a load of bull. However, I do believe in conserving the natural resources we do have. I'm all for recycling, but not because it will help stop global warming. I recognize the need for the rain forests, and fully support protecting them. I support helping the environment.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 2:35 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• In 2000 Frances president Jacques Chirac said the the Kyoto agreement was the first component of an authenic global governance. UK prime minister Gordon Brown in 2008 stated we must have an international carbon market that will generate billions of dollars a yr meaning all Americans would be taxed into that fund that would then be used to "share the green wealth" withother developing countries. German chancellor Angela Merkel, is against global alarmism and understands the real motive behind the Global warming issue. She summerized the European mindset as "The ecological crisis is resolvable only thru totalitarian means and an ecodictatorship". the obvious reason no free society would do to itself what the gree agenda requires. Basically to sum it up global waarming policies are the perfect excuse for circumventing democracy.
    Outside of that I beleive we should take care of the environment in a REASONABLE manner.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:04 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Global warming (or is it climate change now) There is your answer - They can't even agree on a name because they have no facts to support the :warming"
    Conservation is a great thing for the earth. Recycling, planting trees,not letting the water run while you wash the car and not littering are just a few small things we can do to help keep the earth green and clean. If you can car pool or take public transportation thats great. I believe everyone doing what they can in this fashion can only be good but I'm not a fanatic about it. It would help a lot if it were easier to do these things though. To recycle glass we have to drive 20 minutes. Why not have more curb pick up? More companies having carpool vans would be good. None of this has to be precluded with the thought man is killing the earth and we have to line special interests pockets with money to fix it.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:10 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Wait...WAIT.

There are people who don't BELIEVE IN GLOBAL WARMING?

WHAT THE FUCK.
    Anonymous

• Wait....WAIT.

There are people who DO believe in GLOBAL WARMING?

WHAT THE FUCK!

It goes both ways. Thousands of scientists across the world think Global warming is BS.
    Anonymous

• I live an incredibly green lifestyle, and believe very strongly in conservation. However, since the latest data shows the world is actually been cooling for the last decade, I have a difficult time believing in global warming.  I see junk science. So much of Gore's film has been refuted, how can anyone believe in global warming?

More money goes into research to those who warn of global catastrophe than goes into research of scientists with more moderate views.  Follow the dollar.  Even when the climate alarmists are proven wrong, they won't admit to it, for fear of losing their funding and livelihood.

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 4:39 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Exactly mancos
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:41 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I'm all for individuals choosing to be wise stewards of this planet in their daily lives.

I'm against government taxing the hell out of people and corporation for programs, that in the end, don't do a lick of good.

I also draw the line at conservation at the cost of human lives...like the corn-to-fuel fiasco that depleted the world's food supply and left people rioting and starving in 3rd world countries.
    Anonymous