What are the best options for high speed internet out in rural areas without cable or DSL?

elwalters77

Asked by elwalters77 at 7:06 PM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Entertainment

• Wireless is the only whing i can think of.......no cable or DSL? How do you manage to stay sane?
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:30 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Sattelite. My parents have it. Its expensive for the initial setup, but worth it in the long run. Hughesnet is the name of the company, I believe
    bvona

Answer by bvona at 9:38 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• We use hughesnet...go to hughesnet.com
    Satelite internet is way better than dial up...probably not as fast as roadrunner or something like that but we live in the country and that was our only option if we wanted high speed
    momwillandturn

Answer by momwillandturn at 11:55 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• You can get a cell phone card to connect. My mother-in-law uses one and it is really her only option for internet. She gets hers through AT&T. My sister has one through Sprint. It seems to cost about the same ammount as cable internet but you can only have one computer connected at a time.
    rasbneon

Answer by rasbneon at 10:32 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• We have Wildblue satelite internet, but it's not that good and very expensive.
    elwalters77

Answer by elwalters77 at 11:02 PM on Jun. 27, 2008