Is Rham's brother a "deadly doctor" for the elderly?

With more government ran healthcare programs on the table (Obamacare) is THIS who you want deciding what medical you or maybe your mother or grandmother needs or do not need?

cringe

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:13 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Anonymous

• Rahm's
    Anonymous

• Time for ourselves to become more informed to choose wisely the options. We shouldn't blindly trust our Doctors.
    Anonymous

• Obama wants to enforce elderly end of life counseling every five years and they say it's because people do not know about their options, especially hospice. Well, let me tell you, my mom had cancer and the moment they decided there was nothing left for her to try every tom dick and harry was telling us about hospice. Even though she was told she still had 6 or more months to live they wanted us to know our options. When she had to be admitted to the ER for an infection (ended up turning into pneumonia IN the hospital) they were asking me to make the decision to put her on hospice. Nurses asked and the counselor came and talked to me. I was literally freaked out. It was like they wanted me to think she was on her deathbed. . On hospice you get no treatment, only comfort. When the last lady came in she asked if I had made a decision I told her NOT TONIGHT!
    It's all happening already. By the way she lived another 5 months.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:31 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• yes its happening already but at this point it is CHOICE.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:39 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• itsmesteph, you just made the point of the article. If every Tom, Dick and Harry already told you about hospice, every nurse and doctor brought it up, why does it need to be written into law? The information is already out there is force, and YOU didn't like having your mother pushed into hospice before you and she were ready.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 4:28 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• "He says medical care should be reserved for the non-disabled, not given to those "who are irreversibly prevented from being or becoming participating citizens"--From the article

This means that eventually if your child is disabled, or if you are over the age of 65 you will be denied care or you will be pressured to choose "assisted suicide" for the "good of all" and to save scarce, valuable resources for those who will produce more for the collective good.

pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 5:58 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Pagan, that terrifies me. Imagine a world without Stephen Hawkings.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 6:07 PM on Jul. 25, 2009