What kind of cooling system do you have and how much do you pay? if any

We have A/C. Just got the bill $140.00 :-(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• central air conditioning and we just moved so I dont have a FULL bill yet, but usually right in the middle of July it runs about $200-$250. This summer has been weird though. The first of June it was 100 degrees everyday for about 2 weeks, then it cooled down and its been about 85 for the last few weeks. Its been about 65 every morning. Thats a record I think. I m not sure what to expect.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 3:23 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• We also have A/C and the bill for June was $302! We have a two story house, so I had expected it to be high, but I was still schocked. We live in Texas, and it's almost 100 F every day, so we need the a/c and make it a priority in our budget.
    Anonymous

• I live in Washington state. Not many of us have central air conditioning, even in newer built homes. I have a portable A/C my last electric bill was about 185 dollars. Not bad considering the size of my house and I keep it running all the time.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:42 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• We have central air and live in California. We're on an even pay plan through the electric company so that it all averages out at the end of the year. Right now the current amount due is at $209, but actual usage is closer to $260. It all evens out in the winter when we wind up paying more to make up the difference the following summer since its so much cheaper to heat a home here than it is to cool it off.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:49 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• We have central air and we pay $166 per month for all electricity, a/c included.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:38 AM on Jul. 26, 2009