what were you doing when you went into labor?

i mean, anyone who has had a kid could tell you what color the sky was when they went into labor so now that i am seriously close to having my first i try to remember everything incase this is the day.

spazlilsister

Asked by spazlilsister at 3:17 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• both times laying in the hospital bed
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:18 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Just hanging out at home. Then I took long baths, then I went grocery shopping! Then a few hours after shopping went to the hospital and about 9 hours after that she was born.
    Anonymous

• When I started having contractions (about every 5 minutes or so) I was at a rehearsal for a group that I sing with. I made it through the rehearsal, but they all knew something was up!
    Anonymous

• i kinda envy that. i am getting really sick of waiting and hoping everything is alright. when you are in the hospital they know a whole lot more than you do.
    spazlilsister

Answer by spazlilsister at 3:20 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I was trying to fall asleep after sex, couldn't because my contractions were too strong
    Anonymous

• 1st time sleeping...2nd time working
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 3:25 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I had to be induced, so I was at the hospital receiving cervadil. I started feeling a squeezing sensation near my ribs, and I thought it was just the baby moving around in her cramped quarters. But the pain got worse and worse. I asked my nurse about it, and she said they were contractions!! It's just like everyone said they would be-it felt like really bad menstrual cramps.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 3:26 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• i just got out of the shower when i my water broke. i was like "oh great! i just got clean!" lol. then i went to the grocery store for some pads because the toilet paper i was using wasn't absorbant enough. it was so funny being in line at the grocery store paying for pads being in labor. the cashier looked so confused! that was my 1st. with my second, it started in my sleep. i didn't go in until morning. my 2nd daughter sent me in 3 times with false labor, so i stopped believing my body's signs. i knew she was trouble from the start, stomping on my bladder making me think my water broke. she's such a goofy trouble-maker.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 3:29 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Hung around the house, ate curry for dinner, started to watch 'The Riches' (TV show with Eddie Izzard and Minnie Driver) - and felt some small contractions, finished watching it, and felt heavier contractions, decided to get into bed early, but felt even stronger contractions - at which point I phoned the hospital and they told me to come in - had my daughter 12 hours later!
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 3:52 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I work at a middle school with special needs kids and I was showing them how to set the timer on the oven when my water broke, contractions started 15 mins later in the nurses office.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 3:59 PM on Jul. 25, 2009