What can i do when my 13 yr old hangs up on me?!?!?!

I know it should be simple but its not. I broke my ankle and the kids are staying at my parents. Well, when my DS and I are on the phone and I say something he doesnt like or we are arguing he just hangs up on me!!I am getting so pissed off at him and dont really wanna talk to him anymore. Its not like i can ground him up there or really do anything, which he knows. Is there really anything I can do until he gets home? Grrrr so frustrated!!!!

jajumommy2000

Asked by jajumommy2000 at 3:23 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Take his phone away
    Anonymous

• If he is using a cell phone. Take it away. If he is using a house phone. When he gets back home punish him for it.

Answer by louise2 at 3:28 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• If he's staying with your parents, have them punish him. I remember doing that to my mom when I was around that age, I am still ashamed of it over 20 years later.
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 3:30 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Ya I would talk to the grandparents and have them punish him. He needs to learn how rude that is, and also not to run away just because he doesn't like what he's hearing, etc.
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 3:34 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• sorry you are going through this...have you tried talking to him about why he's doing this and if that doesn't work then call him and hang up on him then take away things he likes...tv, hanging out with his friends....he needs to show you respect.
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 3:39 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I think you should use it as a learning opportunity. Let it go until he comes home then talk to him about respect and consequences of disrespect. I'd clearly tell him that he's allowed one screw up and that was it but to not do it again without there being repercussions. I am one that believes that kids do know right from wrong but need to be warned about consequences of bad behavior before actually doling out punishment. I'd ask him how he'd feel if you did that to him. I'd ask him what he'd do if he were you. Use this as an educational experience. Make something good out of it

Answer by admckenzie at 3:41 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• he doesnt have a cell, its here at home. I try and talk to him and he just hangs up again. This is so frustrating. My mom does yell at him but there really is nothing for him to do up there for them to take away ya know
    jajumommy2000

Answer by jajumommy2000 at 3:43 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Everytime he hangs the phone up go into his room and take oway what he likes the most, video games, cell phone whatever it is that makes him happy take it oway and when he comes home sit him down talk to him and tell him that he is grounded from the things that mean a lot to him, and explaine to him that how that makes him feel you taking his stuff oway, that's how you felt when he hung up the phone on you, hope it makes sense good luck
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:48 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Yea thanks but i cant make it to the second floor, lol. This ankle really screwed alot of things up!!!!
    jajumommy2000

Answer by jajumommy2000 at 4:03 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• If he gets an allowance, take $1 away each time he hangs up on you.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:21 PM on Jul. 25, 2009