My dh says that he can remember events from when he was only 2 years old. Do you have any memories from when you were only 2?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My first memory was when I was 2. I was dancing in our basement with my mom, dad, and big brother. My younger brother was sleeping in a playpen. I remember standing and dancing on the back of a big huge wicker chair that was ugly. but it was neat cause it rocked. I recently asked my mom about that and she told me how old I was and even said she was shocked I was able to decribe the chair. Not something from pictures either cause there are no pictures. Then another memory from when I was 2 was when my neighbor ran over "flower" my black kitten. My dad shot it to put it out of missery and I was very angry with him. Although I looked at it as murder and didn't understand why they couldn't take him to the Dr.
    Charlies_mommy

Answer by Charlies_mommy at 4:03 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• not a chance
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:28 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I do. My birth mother died in a fire (which I escaped with my dad) when I was 18 months old. My earliest memory is of me asking for her and my grandparents explaining it right after it happened. Most memories i think are lost, just the ones that make a big impression probably last.
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 3:32 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I don't know, I vividly remember 2 events that happened when I was around that age. I had always remembered them but never asked. Well one day I asked my Mom about these memories and she was amazed she said all of that stuff happened when I was like 2 and 3 (one of them was a night my brother nearly died of sids so she knew exactly the date). I also remembered a car that my Mom had. I had never seen pictures and they had never talked about it but I could describe it to her even down to the color which was a peach color.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 3:34 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• my earliest memory was a week or so after i turned 3. my grandfather's funeral. its a very vague memory with lots of holes in it. i just remember being afraid & crying, then laughing with my cousins throwing roses into the hole after they lowered him. logic fills in most of the gaps. (i dont remember him being lowered into the ground, or seeing the casket. i just remember fear & fun throwing in flowers) i don't remember anything else until maybe 4 or 5.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 3:37 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I remember things from that age! Two, almost three... I remember what I got for Christmas, a highchair for my Kid Sister (LOL), I remember my mom taking me out of the tub and standing me in front of an open oven because the landlord didn't turn the heat on until a certain date (I didn't know that part, but remember standing in front of the oven in a towel), I remember a fight my mom and bio dad had, and I hid behind my toy box, and I know she left him before I turned 3.
    So, yeah, it's possible!
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 3:40 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• 3 is the earliest memory I have.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:46 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I have memories from when I was 3.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:46 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I have a couple of memories from before I was 2. I know they are memories and not just things that I think I remember because people have talked about them, because I've asked about them several times throughout my life and my family had forgotten about the events until I mentioned them.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:49 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Nope, my earliest memories were when i was 5.
    LND

Answer by LND at 4:25 PM on Jul. 25, 2009