easy labor

i had easy and fast labors with 3 of my kids they were about 2.5 hours and my last one was the hard one from day one of my pregnancy and 4 hour labor. with no epidural only the iv medication demeral. how was your labor? did you use an epidural?

adoradamia

Asked by adoradamia at 3:40 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have had 4 labors first one was the hardest one lasted about 5 hours no epidural. Second one lasted about 1.5 hours and no epidural. Third lasted about 4 hours it hurt alot too but not as much as the first. The fourth one lasted about 9 hours but it was so easy, I got the epidural its the best thing ever it was like nothing. Can't believe I did it natural all the other times.
    lizcyn

Answer by lizcyn at 3:48 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• i have had 3 labors, no epi with any of them. first one was 6.5 hours, second was 9 hours, 3rd was 1 hour 51 minutes.i had demerol with #1, nothing with #2, morphine (hated it) with #3. next time i'm not having anything.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 4:14 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• my labor went really well. i only have one child so far and everyone kept telling me "oh the first one takes forever to push out" and i kept reading about 2 and 3 day labors, so i was scared. luckily mine only lasted about 7 hours. i didn't use an epidural or anything.
    isamari

Answer by isamari at 4:14 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• The first on lasted 18 hours and ended in a c-section. I got the epidural at about hour #10. The second one my water broke and I was have very light contractions but within a few hours I had a c-section.
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 4:23 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• With my first the epi didnt work. So I took the demeral. With this one I'm gonna take the demeral again. My first I was in labor for 4 hours.
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 4:35 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• My first labor was 11 hours with 15 min of pushing and an epi 3 hours in.
    My second was 8 hours with 10 min of pushing and no meds :)
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 4:35 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I have 4 kids. The first three were no pain meds at all. Not sure how long the labor was but had a pain dr. that was putting fingers where they were not supposto be. That was bad but, yeah it hurt. My daughter was my last, I ended up with an epi for her only due to her heart rate falling eith every contraction and they were getting ready for an emergency c-section. I would not do it with the epi again... I feel like i missed out with my daughter....
    philsangel

Answer by philsangel at 4:36 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• First child: 28 hours of labor, 30 minutes of pushing, no epi, no drugs, induced.
    Second child: 7 hours of labor, 15 minutes of pushing, epidural, induced.
    Third child: 16 hours of excruciating back labor, 45 minutes of pushing, epidural that only numbed one leg, induced.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:31 AM on Jul. 26, 2009