I need help...

I am going on vacation next week. We are 'planning' Monday thru Friday if all goes well.

How much should I pack?

I always over pack or under pack....

How many jammies, outfits, and extras for the kids. (socks, diapers, wipes...)? 2.9 yrs and 11 months.

How many outfits would you pack for yourself/DH? Under garments? Socks? ECT.

DeirdraG.

Asked by DeirdraG. at 3:46 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Travel

• For us I would pack an outfit for everyday plus a couple extra just in case, socks for us I pack one pair for each day plus a few extra pairs same with undergarments. kids I always pack two outfits per day plus a couple extra cuz you never know with kids and lots of socks, usually I always get a whole pack of diapers and two packs of wipes. I hope you have a really good time on your vacation ! :)

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:53 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Well, where will you be staying? If your hotel has a laundry room, pack light. As for the kids, I over pack. But, when we go some place and if there is a laundry room. I do not mind taking a little break from everything and doing a load. I know you want to buy souvenirs, save room in your bag. If ya'll go some place and it rains or the kids get wet, they won't melt. If you are flying, watch the weight. They will charge. Pack small stuff for toiletries. Have fun. Oh and you might want a suitcase for just toys and such for the little ones.

Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 3:54 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• If you are driving it isn't as crucial as if you are flying. If you are flying, plan on hand washing every night or finding a washer and dryer half way through and pack just a few things. If you are driving, for you I'd pack underwear for each night plus one extra, A top for every day, about 2 pairs of long pants and some shorts, an extra pair of shoes, an extra big t-shirt (comes in handy if extra warmth needed at night or during the day) light pj's. For the children, pack an outfit for each day and put it in a 1 or 2 gallon zipper bag, then each day you just pull out a bag for each child and have the day's clothing all set. Plus as many pj's as you think. Always an extra pair of shoes in case one pair rubs. If there is a washer/dryer where you are going, cut it all in half- pack enough for 2 days, and plan on doing a laundry mid-week at least. You can put dry detergent in a small zipper bag.

Answer by Bmat at 3:59 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Were driving to my families vacation home out in Cape Cod, MA. There is no washing machine. Its a 2.5 hour ride with the 2 kids.
    DeirdraG.

Answer by DeirdraG. at 6:18 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• If your driving, pack as much as you would like. Especially since there is no washing machine. You will be glad that you have the extra clothing. I always am.
    crystac

Answer by crystac at 11:51 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I always over pack and thats just for me haha. I hope you have a good time HUGS
    RendevouzDreams

Answer by RendevouzDreams at 12:18 PM on Jul. 28, 2009