Is my daaughter just being a normal 9 1/2 month old?

My daughter has wanted nothing more than to be held by me for the past 2-3 weeks. I try putting her in her exersaucer, her jumpy horse, letting her be on the ground...anything I can think of. Sometimes it works, but usually she starts crying and reaches for me and cries "mama mama" over and over again. It is heart breaking:( I would love to just sit and hold her all day long, but my house is in shambles at this point and it's starting to drive me crazy. Is this just a normal stage that kids go through at about this age? How long does it generally take to pass? HELP!

Sophia_L

Asked by Sophia_L at 3:57 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It sounds like separation anxiety. My seven month old daughter has been going through it for what seems like 100 years lmao. Is she like this in public? Will she let family members hold her? My daughter screams bloody murder if anyone other than me or my fiance is holding her.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:29 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Yep, normal, healthy.
    Try a sling or other soft carrier - lifesaver.

Baby wants to be held - mom needs her hands free - win win.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 4:01 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Get an ergo baby carrier. www.carrymeaway.com. It will save your life. It can be a front, back, or hip carrier. It works so much better than any other because it centers the weight on your hips!
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 6:21 PM on Jul. 25, 2009