Book Sales & Parties?

I recently ran into a lady that does home parties and book fairs selling children's books.

Has anybody heard of any other companies that do this? Have you tried it in the past?

I like the idea better than most other parties and sales opps because it is books and there's a large market, but I'd like to know what you think. They also have eShows that people can host online if they don't want to have a party in their home.

Has anyone heard of companies that are similar, but have books for adults and teens? This company seems to do mostly elementary and educational.

tcarter1981

Asked by tcarter1981 at 4:01 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Money & Work

• YES I DO HOME PARTYS AND I LOVE YES THE ECONOMY IS BAD BUT SALES ARE WONDERFUL, THE BUISNESS IS OUT THERE U JUST GOTTA GET YOUR NAME OUT THERE..YES,I'M AN INDEPENDENT CONSULTANT FOR PARTYLITE..I'VE BEEN DOING THIS FOR 11/2 YRS,BEFORE THIS I JUST HAD THE PARTYS, BUT I'M SO GLAD I STARTED,I MAKE MY OWN HOURS AND MEET MANY PEOPLE..GO TO HOUSE AND HAVE FUN AND GET PAID WELL FOR IT!! I MAKE AN AVERAGE $60-$100 IN AN HOUR OR TWO...I EARN PLENTY OF FREE PRODUCT AND BONUSES,AND THIS YEAR I'M TRYIN TO EARN MY FIRST ALL EXCLUSIVE PAID TRIP(a cruise)..AND BEST OF ALL IT WAS A NO-CASH INVESTMENT!! THAT WAS THE BEST I HAVE 3 LIVING CHILDREN AND A STEP DAUGHTER.. I'M SO GLAD I JOIN PARTYLITE, YOUR IN YOUR OWN BUISNESS BUT YOUR NOT ALONE.. THERE IS GREAT GROUP OF PEOPLE TO HELP ALONG THE WAY.. IF YOU WOULD LIKE MORE INFO CONTACT ME ON MY WEBSITE AT:
    WWW.PARTYLITE.BIZ/CANDLELADYJAMIE
    THECANDLELADY21

Answer by THECANDLELADY21 at 10:10 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I haven't ever heard of anything like that but it sounds awesome!
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 4:24 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• My mom does them... But I don't know the details!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:26 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Is it Usborne Books? I have been to several parties and am friends with the woman that does them. They are really nice books and when you do have a party you really get a lot of free books and discounts and such. She does really well with it. If you are the party type person that likes to be up in front of people to sell than it is a great company to be with. I used to sell Discovery Toys several years ago and the products were great but I just wasn't great at doing the party thing and being up in front of stranger trying to sell them. Some people enjoy it some people don't. I just joined up with Iggly Biggly which is a flip flop sandal company that is brand new and it's only 20.00 to sign up and you have no other payments or fees. I like this company because I can do this all from the computer and I don't have to have parties to make money. I can but I don't have to. If you are interested in taking a quick look my website is
    jojo13

Answer by jojo13 at 12:05 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• continued

www.igglybigglybiz-13.weebly.com

dtmom13@hotmail.com

Aimee
    jojo13

Answer by jojo13 at 12:06 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I'll be honest with you, and this is only my personal experience, so others I'm sure is doing well with it. But I used to work with Usborne and I did have trouble selling the books when the economy hit hard. People just didn't want to purchase anything that they didn't have to. Now I sell discount medical and health plans and people are purchasing those to save money. So if you would be interested in that, you can listen to an overview of my company at 616-712-1741. I'll gladly answer any questions you may have.
    Reaching100K

Answer by Reaching100K at 6:26 AM on Jul. 27, 2009