38 weeks cramps

i am 38 weeks and for the past 3 days this is wats been happening.. i get cramps like i have to go #2, then when i finally go they stop for a little. then start up again.. it's been like this throughout the entire day for the past 2 or 3 days.. just wondering if this has happened to anyone and any advice i dnt want to call my doctor as its a weekend and i would have to call the hospital.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:20 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Could be a cleansing phase- where your body cleans itself out before D-day. I wouldn't worry about it sound like your just preparing for your baby =) obviously if anything unusual happens ( blood, water breaks regular contractions whatever) call your doc

RippledBegonias

Answer by RippledBegonias at 4:35 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I'm 38 weeks to and been having those too. Not exactly sure what it is, wish I could help. I've been having alot of contractions too. My SIL told me that it's your cervix prepairing to dilate. Whether she's right or not I have no idea. But I'm already 4cm, so very well could be? Sorry not much help, but I feel your pain!
    snjbjac

Answer by snjbjac at 9:17 PM on Jul. 25, 2009