• In the Spotlight:

A beaches all-incluseve or a Mexico all-inclusive beach vacation?

We are wanting to take a nice beach vacation. We have two kids 9 and 5. I am a little worried about traveling to Mexico w/the kids. Is it really a good choice? I remember my mom always getting sick from the food or water in Mexico. Thanks for your experience.

momthruivf

Asked by momthruivf at 4:38 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Travel

• My parents live in Mexico most of the year and never get sick but they wash their fruit/veggies in a splash of iodine. I just don't know. I am a big fan of the Caribbean because we never get sick but I haven't been to Dominica. Go where you are going to be comfortable, you don't want to sweat it on vacation worrying about getting sick.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:43 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I am not a fan of all-inclusives; you don't get a flavor for the country.

I prefer the Bahamas to Mexico; you can copy and paste this link to my favorite hotel: http://www.pelicanbayhotel.com/

Answer by rkoloms at 7:47 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Being that I lived in Mexico a greater part of my life, it doesnt scare me nor do I get sick from visiting...etc... I do realize that some people are worried about traveling there now days. Its your vacation so pick a spot you are 100% comfortable with for yourself and your family. Maybe even take a disney or Nick cruise or something along those lines. I think Sandals is also family friendly at most of their resorts.
    Supervane

Answer by Supervane at 11:26 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I would pick somewhere that you are completely comfortable with. If you are worried about getting sick, etc, then you will not fully enjoy your vacation.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:42 PM on Jul. 28, 2009