Little Red Riding Hood Birthday ideas!!!!????

I am in the process of planning my daughter's second birthday, which will be in the middle of October. She is being little red riding hood for halloween and we would love to have a little red riding hood theme for the party.
I just can't come up with ideas. The only one we were able to come up with is little baskets with red hankys and gifts for the kids.
PLEASE HELP!!

Underwoodwife

Asked by Underwoodwife at 4:43 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Make cupcakes that look like baskets as treats. You could use twizzlers for the "handle. Pin the tale on the big bad wolf? Only only not a scary wolf? Hummm. Make the cake a cottage? or even a basket (I've seen basket cakes before that were adorable)... Maybe go to dollar store and get copies of the book for a party favor? Cute idea for a party! Maybe make or buy a wolf pinata and use a fake ax. Kids can wear a hanky when trying to break it open. Charlie loved breaking/trying to break it open last year. Have a story time and tell the story to all kids?
    Charlies_mommy

Answer by Charlies_mommy at 6:50 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• You could look online for little Red RidingHood coloring pages print them off and make coloring books (print off a cover page then tie them all together using red ribbon) as the party favor with crayons.. here is a website http://www.educationalcoloringpages.com/littleredridinghood.html... The invites could look like the story on the front and then have the party info on the inside.. I think the little basket cupcakes would be cute.. If you wanted to use baskets for party favors oriental trading has cute while plastic ones 3.99 for a dozen... and put cookies in them
    mlovell

Answer by mlovell at 12:30 PM on Jul. 27, 2009