Why are people proud of immunizing?

I've noticed in some people's signatures that they say something about always immunizing or something else that sounds proud of immunizing. Why would that be so important to someone that they would want to put it in their signature?

If you understand immunizations you would know that they are good for the population and not necessarily good for the individual. The public health goals are for a certain percentage of the population to be immunized. For an individual infant, depending on the family's situation, it may be in the baby's best interest to change the recommended immunization schedule. The baby may not need some immunizations at all.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:07 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Because people on here only bash others for doing so. I don't care either way if you or don't.
    Anonymous

• Same reason they're proud of feeding their kid crap in a can. They either don't know any better OR the need to be happy about it otherwise they'll go insane.
    Anonymous

• I don't know, some feel strongly about it but I hope they've done their research. I have immunized my kids but am not certain about the need for some of them; eg; chicken pox/shingles, hep b, etc. I don't know.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:25 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• i thought you were legally obligated to immunize
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:34 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Why are people proud that they don't immunize, or that their 4 y/o is still sleeping in their bed, or that their 5 y/o is breastfeeding, or that they think BFing is nasty, or that they circumsized their baby boy. You should be proud of decisions you make for your family, if your not proud than you probably should not have made that decision. If you don't agree w/ those than dont make them for your family.

matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 6:07 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

Nope, you can sign a waiver if you don't want to immunize.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 6:07 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Seriously? You're going to start drama over this? PEOPLE DO WHAT THEY FEEL IS BEST FOR THEIR KIDS. And they can be proud of whatever they want to be proud about. If you don't like it, don't read it!

Anonymous

• why do people always have to start stuff? I don't think you should bash other people because of the decisions that they make. This is ridiculous if you cant be nice then maybe you shouldn't post.
    mommy2be32509

Answer by mommy2be32509 at 7:57 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I was actuallly serious. My kids are older and I have a grandbaby. I was wondering if there was some group of parents that had pride in immunization. I know there has been a lot of publicity about the possible link to babies getting too many immunizations at a time and / or preservatives and / or mercury in immunizations and autism.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 8:05 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• My daughter had sign of ASD long before she got immunizations. Its genetic, in my opinion.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 12:30 AM on Jul. 26, 2009