How many of you single (or attached but not married) ladies spend time planning your, so far, imaginary wedding?

Who has the details of their dream wedding totally mapped out in your head?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:25 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• thats so odd you just asked that and i was thinking that i will never be married.. i have 2 kids and for me its hard to find someone i LOVE enough for my kids. I never thought i would be 21 not married with two kids!!! i finally found someone im in love with and it has only been two months my daughter calls him daddy (by her choice). I dream of us gettin married and him adopting my kids and me doing the same with his kids. I just dont know if it will ever happen. i dream of a really nice fitting dress. flowers all over. 3 flower girls and just family. its just far fetched for me. my family NEVER gets along. and we cant afford anything else
    Anonymous

• It feels far fetched for me right at the moment, too. I'm about to be 23, a single mother to a one year old little girl who I adore, and I want nothing more for her than to have a stable, happy family to grow up with. I am in love with a wonderful man, but the circumstances of our lives at the moment are not ones in which getting married is possible, and to me right now it seems like it may never happen. I want to have more kids and have someone who loves and cares for me and the whole shebang...and lately I've spent way too much time planning my dream wedding....my dress, colors, flowers, all of it.....but I'm afraid I'll never get it. -OP
    Anonymous

• nope. I had 3 weddings and 3 divorces. I planned my oldest dd's wedding and did the paperwork for her divorce. I don't have positive thoughts about weddings. My youngest is thinking of getting married and I told her we'd do whatever she wants to do but with her 3 kids and his 2 kids they have decided to be practical and go to the courthouse.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:57 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• We dream of it also but it will be 3yrs till we get married. Gonna wait till after college because if we get married now then I wont get my pell grants.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 5:59 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Your dream wedding doesn't have to be reality. I plan mine all the time!
    Anonymous

• i'm planning mine now but it might not happen
    sherlockhlm

Answer by sherlockhlm at 6:27 PM on Jul. 25, 2009