I asked a guy out on a date and he said yes. But he hasn't called me yet. What does this mean?

I have known this gut for six weeks. I have only recently worked up the courage to ask him out. He said yes and that he would call me to set up the date for coffee. But he hasnt called yet and its been 2 days. Does this mean anything?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:38 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• No. He's a guy, remember. Guys are notoriously late, bad at calling, and everything else under the sun. Give it some time. He could be busy.
    Anonymous

• well since you asked him out, go ahead and give him a call. guys are slow in everything they do
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 5:49 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• You asked him out so it should be you setting up the day and time not him. If a guy asks a girl out does the girl call him to tell him when? no. Call him and ask him if he's free on (whatever night you want to go out). Be prepared to have a time in mind and where you want to go. Maybe he's saving up to take you out. When I ask guys out I let them know I'm paying. If you plan on paying you might want to tell him that. There are always places you can go for free just to sit around and get to know one another. Just have some plans and then call him.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:51 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I agree, you did the asking ( good for you!!!!) so you should do the date. JMO.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 5:59 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• give it a week or two then call him
    sherlockhlm

Answer by sherlockhlm at 6:29 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I say give it a few more days, maybe a week, then call him!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 12:03 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Im curious. Did he ever call. I am in similar situation. I asked this guy out and he said yes. I know he has wierd schedule because of work, so I asked him when would work for him, and he said he would let me know. But it has been over a week now and still no call. I have seen him a couple times since, and he is very nice...making small talk, but nothing about our date. Could he have just said yes to be nice. Not sure if guys do that. He's not 100 years old so Im sure he didnt forget. What should I do? Nothing...just let it go?
    JBlue35

Answer by JBlue35 at 10:38 AM on Aug. 15, 2010