Anyone let there SO go out too partys?

My boyfriend is goin to a party with his friends
and me and his friend dont get along at all!
this his 1st time goin to a party in years and I dont want to hold him back but its not fair when my friends [some are male friends] want me to go out he says go ahead but you can tell he wants me too stay so I do..

effie777

Asked by effie777 at 5:53 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• y'all need to go together, screw the friend you don't get along with it's not worth the heartache
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:54 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I'm not a huge fan of DH's friends, his old friend's anyway...he sees them maybe once every 2 years, doesn't really keep in touch... one of them is having a party next week and I'm thinking about telling him to just go and have fun, cause I know I won't, I'll be stuck watching the kids while he has a good time.

I think if its balanced and you both get alone time with friends AND together time with friends its fine.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 6:00 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I really dont like this man
    he talks crap about ppl [some of the same ppl we know] and then smiles in there face
    I try too stay away from ppl like that..
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 6:05 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I don't really like DH's friends. But one of them passed away last year. I don't care if he goes out with them. I don't let them come over. He can go to their houses or to the drag strip. We never know when a close friend is gonna pass. Please just let him go to the party and have fun while they are still here. You may regret it later if you don't.

Anonymous

• anon: ur right
    I just dont feel like I can trust him
    [his friend] I know he is going to have woman dancing on him.
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 6:15 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• It seems like the real issue here may be that you don't trust your SO not to be influenced by his friend. After all, who cares if his friend has women dancing on him? In an ideal world we'd all like our SO's friends and family, but it doesn't always work out that way.
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 6:41 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• My husband and I go out separately all of the time(usually due to a lack of babysitter).
    I trust that he wont do anything that would jeopardize our relationship just like he trusts the same in me when I go out with my friends.

I have friends that he doesn't care too much for and he has friends that I'm not too fond of either but we're both strong enough people to not be influenced by them.

I agree with katiemomNY. His friend can do whatever he wants to, its a matter of trusting your SO to be better than that.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 6:58 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• re-type:
    I do trust my bf but I guess I know we are young and I been with him cents I was 14 [he was 16] and he didnt go out as much I guess I will have too c how the night ends..
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 7:07 PM on Jul. 25, 2009