• In the Spotlight:

ANY CHRISTIAN MOMS HOMESCHOOLING MIDDLE SCHOOL AGE KIDS?.

I USE TO HOMESCHOOL MY SON DURING HIS K-4TH GRADE YEARS, THEN I PUT HIM IN A PRIVATE CHRISTIAN SCHOOL FOR 5TH-7TH GRADE. THIS YEAR I CAN NOT AFFORD TO SEND HIM BACK TO PRIVATE SCHOOL SO I HAVE DECIDED TO HOMESCHOOL HIM FOR HIS 8TH GRADE YEAR. I WAS JUST WONDERING IF YOU COULD SHARE WITH ME WHAT CURRICULUMN YOU USE?? THANK YOU!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:01 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in

• You may try asking this same question on some of the Christian homeschooling groups here on CM.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 6:03 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I'm using Abeka for my 7th grader, and next year we'll again use Abeka but we'll go with the internet feed or DVD program.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 6:24 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I was going to suggest Abeka as well. My ds is in a private Christian school where they use the Abeka curriculum as well as Bob Jones for Language Arts. You can use them both for homeschooling as well.
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 11:22 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• My friend homeschools that age and uses Bob Jones.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 11:27 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• My friends use Abeka for their middle school age children but a lot of the Christian schools here use Bob Jones. They are both available for homeschoolers. Sorry I can't be more help, mine are only in 4th, 3rd, and pre-school this year. Good luck!
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 9:26 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• This is my first year but Connections academy is good and in most cases it at no charge. I hope you do well, I think we are making great decisions.

sdgd21

Answer by sdgd21 at 8:40 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Teaching Textbooks.com has great math curriculum that teaches itself. I am not good at math so I love this curriculum. Sonlight.com offers great curriculum that focuses on reading lots of historicial fiction as well as non-fiction books with lots of writing to ensure your child is learning. I homeschool Pre-K, 1st, 4th, 7th, and 9th. I just finshed with my oldest and he is off to college this fall. Enjoy your year homeschooling.
    6Blessings214

Answer by 6Blessings214 at 11:45 PM on Jul. 26, 2009