Acne as a sign of labor?

So I am 38 weeks pregnant and my skin has been clear for the whole pregnancy so far.
I eat properly, I get plenty of rest and I drink lots of water.
All of a sudden(two days ago) my skin broke out and I have a cluster of zits on my chin. I'm wondering if anyone else had anything similar before going into labor or if this is just a coincidence.

This isn't my only symptom but it's one that I can't find any information on.

Laila-May

Asked by Laila-May at 6:01 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Girl I was just about to ask the same question!!!!
    My skin has always been amazing but now that I'm a week away from my due date I started to break out all around my chin!!!!l
    I think it has to do with our hormones... and we're probably getting close if our hormones are that out of whack. I'll google it
    jachelle

Answer by jachelle at 2:58 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• No it's not a sign of labor. Just wash your face with Dial body wash. I use the liquid kind. Congrts! Your almost there!!!!
    Anonymous

• uh having acne during pregnancy has nothing to do with what you eat or how much water you drink it's just hormones in your body i doubt that the acne you are getting or the cluster of pimples which isnt really considered acne is a sign of labor
    Anonymous

• Alright. I was just clarifying that it isn't my diet that is the cause because I'm sure that would have come up.

Couldn't a sudden shift in my hormone levels at this point be a sign of something?
    I also said that this wasn't my only symptom, just one I can't find any answers to.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 6:24 PM on Jul. 25, 2009