Is it wrong to ask for a woman obgyn in a clinic that has men and women?

I have nothing against men...I really don't. But, I don't feel comfortable with a man other than my husband messing around down there. I'm much more comfortable with a woman doctor. It's also easier for me to talk to a woman about pregnancy related things since she has usually experienced it 1st hand. So would they listen to me if I asked for a woman doctor? Thanks so much!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:11 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• request whatever you want
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:12 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• i dont see the problem with it
    Anonymous

• Yes you are allowed to have whatever doctor you feel comfortable with. They can not make you see a specific doctor, although they may try to get you to see all the docs before you deliever because you may not have your doctor on call they day you deliever, just tell them you would feel more comfortable with a woman obgyn and they should respect that, they can force you to see someone your not comfortable with. My ob is male and i had to see the other docs in the office before delivery, just so happens good thing i did cause he wasnt on call the day i delievered. he came to check on me after though. best of luck hun.
    Trotterswife

Answer by Trotterswife at 6:22 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• i always request women. i think they understand.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 6:22 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• sorry ment to say they CANT force you to see someone your not comfortable with.
    Trotterswife

Answer by Trotterswife at 6:23 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• agree with scooterpooter i always have a female dr. i feel like you do i dont want any other man messing around down there and women know a womans body better and whats normal and whats not.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 6:24 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• im sure thats the norm!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 6:28 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I don't think they mind at all if you ask to see a woman.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:50 PM on Jul. 25, 2009