how long can formula last

when you fix a bottle at room temp how long is the milk good for? i was just wondering bc i want to fix his bottle b4 we go upstairs at night but i dont know how long the milk will be good for.

ggiovanni

Asked by ggiovanni at 6:20 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I hour it says it on the can. Also I used to bring a few bottles with room temp water in the them up to my room, and add the formula when the baby was ready. That way they are not sitting out too long and I never had to get out bed!!!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 6:25 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• If the baby doesn't drink from it, 2 hours. If the baby DOES drink from it, 1 hour.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 6:22 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• That's normal temps. If its hot out even less time. You could put the bottle in a cooler.

One of the many reasons breastfeeding is easier, better.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 6:42 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I would be very careful with powdered formula. It is not sterilized and bacteria can be in it that cause serious illness and death. Making it with room temp water that has been sitting in bottles would not kill the bacteria. There are directions for safe use of powdered formula from the World Health Organization on their websit.

I wouldn't use the powdered formula. I know it's cheaper but if I decided to not breastfeed for whatever reason I wouldn't give my baby the worst possible formula.
    Anonymous