baby 6 months

my baby is now 5 and a half months and she will not eat baby jar food she just gags someone told me to use a feeding bottle but where can u get them i cant find them anywhere

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:23 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just wait! She is still young. I think the most frustrating thing about starting soldis is how LONG it can take before they are actually eating quite a bit. I just started with one or two spoonfuls with my kids. They have to figure out how to swallow solids! The tongue movement they use to suck will only push food out of their mouth! Plus I make the food really liquidy if they are having problems. Let her play with the spon too! It's a big adjustment. My 1st was easy, and was eating tons of solids at 6 1/2 months, my 3rd has had a hard time. She was finally doing really well eating them at 9 months!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 6:30 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I agree. It's a reflex when babies can't swallow and a sign that babies aren't ready for solids.

Jar foods contain a lot of water and can be hard to swallow. Once your baby is ready to start solids you can start with foods like mashed bananaa.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 6:49 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• wait and try again. dont put food in a bottle. if they spit it out then they're not ready for solids.
    trl30

Answer by trl30 at 10:22 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I wouldn't use a feeding bottle. Just keep offering her little bits from a spoon. Maybe wait a week or so and try again.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 11:53 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• so I guess i can be the first person to actually answer your question.

this is a feeder bottle. I got one at walmart but my DD didn't care for it. It comes with the spoon attachment and the bottles on the bottom of the picture in the middle have the spout. Your baby sucks on it and food comes out. I liked the idea, DD likes to bite her Gerber soft tipped spoons so we only used this twice.

Don't Listen to other mom's unless you fell like they really are giving you the best advice for you and your baby. If you want to give your baby solids, you go ahead. I gave my daughter her first bite of solids when she was 3 months old and she loved it. She's not overweight and she is fantastically healthy.

sadiesmom87

Answer by sadiesmom87 at 4:10 AM on Jul. 27, 2009