Colic Calm

Has anyone used this product? If so, do you recommend it? My sister's baby has a lot of gas issues.

JenaElliott

Asked by JenaElliott at 6:26 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son was a very gassy baby when he was first born so I can sympathize with what your sister must be going through.

We never used colic calm but we did use gripe water. That seemed to help at times.

How old is your sister's baby? Is she breastfeeding or formula feeding?

My son eventually grew out of it after a few months.(it seemed like forever)

I breastfed as well as formula fed(I didn't produce enough to satisfy him) I noticed a big change after switching to the formula with lower iron.

There are massage techniques that can help relieve baby as well. We would cycle his legs and gently massage his tummy.

Get your sister to ask her doctor or midwife to show her safe ways to massage. It really helps.

Hope your sister and her baby both get some relief soon.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 6:43 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I tried it and it dosent work. It stains the clothes too. I think there are some colic tablets you can get, the homeopathic ones. If she is nursing tell her to just nurse all she can! I know how tough it can be!
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 6:45 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Laila - What type of gripe water did you use? The baby is almost 3 weeks old and only 4.5 lbs. She is using Simulac Isomil Soy.

Sticky - Where can you get the colic tablets?
    JenaElliott

Answer by JenaElliott at 6:50 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I just got them at a normal drug store, there are some at grocery stores too. They are Hylands brand
    http://www.hylands.com/products/colic.php
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 12:21 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• We just used a generic brand of gripe water from Safeway. I don't know if you have that grocery store chain is where you live or not. For some reason there are some brands that have alcohol in them so make sure you get the alcohol free stuff.

You should be able to get it at any grocery store or drug store.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 10:59 PM on Jul. 27, 2009