How do I get motivated to work out on a regular basis and fit it into my already too busy schedule?

I work full time about an hour from my home. Hubby works nights and we have a toddler. I barely have time to take care of the house and spend time with my son, let alone my husband. I only get about 6 hours of sleep. I don't know where to find the time to exercise and the motivation to keep up with it.

Asked by elwalters77 at 7:09 PM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• I like to exercise with my husband. We got an exercise video that is only 15 min long that we do together. And we also love to take family walks with my 15 mo old and my 4 mo old. :) If there is a way to fit that in between the busy schedule, its doable. My hubby often gets put on night shift and already works long hours and we live 40 min from base(he's in the army), so I know how tough it can be.

Answer by schmoo_mommy at 7:13 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I do not work outside of the home. But like you I am not getting much sleep, I sleep about 4 to 6 hours a night. I have a toddler and a 2 month old. It is tough to get a work out in for myself. But each day I try to think of something that I can do to help me to do something to burn some of them calories. We live on a multi level home and all of the bottles and formula are down stairs and so I have to go down stairs to get it, and I have to bring it up stairs. I also do about 15 minutes of arobics a day and I do some house cleaning. I try to sit down for about and hour during the day to have lunch and to watch a little TV. Then I am back up and doing something. If you have a bike you can get one of them things that you can connect to your bike and go biking with your toddler.

Answer by Neeters1 at 11:51 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Have you seen Tony Horton's 10 minute Trainer? It rocks! I have a friend that did it and lost 15 lbs in 2 months! You can double workouts up or just do a 10-minute! Believe me you SWEAT in those 10 minutes! We all have 10 minutes, don't we? If you are interested you can check out my site and click "shop for products". Good luck!

Answer by DreamnBigEliza at 11:54 AM on Jun. 24, 2008