I'm showing a whole lot sooner than I did with my son...why?

I'm only 4 and a half weeks pregnant and My tummy is already poochy. I usually have a flat belly thanks to tons of working out. With my son I didn't start showing until I was 3 months along. What the heck? How can I show this early? This is crazy! Any ideas.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:41 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Usually you show more with your second child. Muscles have already been stretched. Showing this early is probably water.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 6:43 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• If it's water weight what can I do to make it go down a bit?
    Anonymous

• Your muscles and skin have a "memory" to them. Now that they've been through the pregnancy thing once. They know exactly what to do now.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 6:45 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• If it's water weight, the best thing to do is drink more water.

I know that sounds counterintuitive - but it flushes out the chemicals holding the water in.

But really, I understand if you're trying to keep the pregnancy a secret since it's early, but you know how this goes - you're pregnant....it's not really the time to worry about a rounder belly.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 6:47 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I know it's not a time to worry about it. My family keeps claiming it's twins and it's starting to freak me out. lol. I'm not trying to keep it a secret. I just want to know.
    Anonymous

• Because every pregnancy is different. Just like every baby is different.

Answer by louise2 at 7:02 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• With your second, and more pregnancies you tend to show alot sooner.. I know I not only showed sooner this time around, but I showed more then I did with my first. Like PP stated, at this early in the game, its probably water weight/bloating that you are experiencing more then showing from the baby.
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 7:12 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• twins wouldn't make you big this early don't worry.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:21 PM on Jul. 25, 2009