When did your kids start walking?

My baby is almost 14 months old and isn't walking by herself yet. I know she still has quite a bit of time before I should be concerned but there is a little boy at church (who is 15 months now)that starting walking at 8 months. My little girl is petite and he is a lot smaller than her! It is really funny to see this tiny little boy walking around!!

Frogbaby83

Asked by Frogbaby83 at 7:02 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My daughter took her first steps a week before ther 1st birthday. She really was getting around about a month or two later. Good luck.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 7:04 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I think it was around 10 months that my daughter really started walkin on her own, all I know is when we moved into her own place when she was 11.5 months, she was running... once yours starts walking (and its ok that she isn't yet.. they all develop at their own rate) you will be chasing her all over the place and keeping her out of trouble!
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 7:07 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• My daughter walked at 12 months and my son started walking a few weeks ago and he's almost 16 months. So be patient it will happen. Is she pulling up, standing by herself for at least a few seconds and cruising along furniture. If she is doing these thing then walking will happen within the next few months. If she is not doing these things then it might be something to ask your pediatrician. My son just woke up one day and started walking and he hasn't looked back.

Samantha_1629

Answer by Samantha_1629 at 7:08 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• she was born dec 17 and i know she was walking by the following holloween so she had to be about 9 to 10 months.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 7:12 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• She is definatly pulling up and cruising. The sad thing is that I can't remember when my first started walking!!! I think it was about 12 or 13 months!!! lol
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 7:16 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• my first born (girl) walked around 14 months, and my second (boy) walked at 8.. they're alllllll completely different.
    katatrinakay

Answer by katatrinakay at 7:26 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• my son has been walking since 10 months. he is 14 now. and believe me he does not look big enough to walk! he is a lil munchkin!
    treefroggreen

Answer by treefroggreen at 7:28 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• My son started walking at 7 months. But, you cant compare your DD to everyone child. Every child is different and develops in different ways. My DS may have walked early but there are kids that started talking before he did at the same age. So it all depends on what your child is ready to do. She will get there.....soon.
    momofonewntmore

Answer by momofonewntmore at 7:30 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• My son walked on his own at around 13 months old. I child can walk on their own anywhere from about 10 minths -16 months.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:33 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• 9 months. I think she was just above the average. Don't worry.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 8:09 PM on Jul. 25, 2009