what other types of formula is there?

i asked a question about how long formula would last and i had i anon post saying that if she couldnt breast feed she wouldn't give hiim the worst possible formula but i was wondering what other kind of formula is there besides powder? is the pre-made formula better for them?

ggiovanni

Asked by ggiovanni at 7:17 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yep theres breastmilk banks you can buy milk from or theres groups like yahoomilkshare or groups here on cafemom where local moms give away their milk

You know loads of moms think they never made milk but did...but hypoplastic breasts are ones with no milk ducts, its just really rare and NOT genetic

Formula is better than starving a baby, but there are better alternative to formula too
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 8:37 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Premade formula is more sterile because it can be sterilized, BUT it has more BPA in it because it lines the cans.

If you're gonna give formula, give formula but be informed about it. Theres all kinds of info out there about formula that many parents using it never even know. I FF my older 2 kids and had NO info on formula just made it and used it thats it.

I won't use it again, I'd get donated BM over formula if I couldn't breastfeed, but its every parents choice.

I don't necessarily think any regular formula is better than another, soy has estrogen in it, the lactose free and soy and specialty formulas have high fructose corn syrup in large amounts...every formula has its drawbacks, its up to you what to use.
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 7:30 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I would personally do goat's milk formula if I couldn't breastfeed for whatever reason. It's not so highly processed and is not recalled at the rate of commercial formulas.

Anonymous

• yeah goats milk formula is better but you have to make it yourself, Dr. Sears has a great recipe on his site
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 8:04 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• people donate breast milk? wtf? i didnt produce breast milk. its a genetic defect my grandmother didnt have milk ducts either. i just want a healthy baby.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 8:09 PM on Jul. 25, 2009