Could you give up your child?

f you were having financial problems and were un able to afford anything and were about to be homeless, would you be able to give up your baby? She is 17 months and I love her so much and I seriously can't be without her, but I don't want her to have to sleep in the car with me.
I am going crazy thinking about what I can do.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:28 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• can she stay with your parents?
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 7:29 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• She can sleep in the car with you! Don't give her up. My youngest son and I have been homeless 3 times.

Where do you live? I may be able to help you figure out some things you can do.

GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 7:32 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• get help for butts sake woman, go to the welfare office.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:33 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• The car would be better than my parents. Neither are stable. I live in Delaware
    Anonymous

• If I was in ur place I would give her to someone that I trust too take care of my boys.
    ur goin too be doin the right thing
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 7:34 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Is there someone you trust that could care for her while you land back on your feet? I agree, look into services in your area and find out what is available. Ohhhh good luck!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:39 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• You should be able to get some type of state assistance especially with a little one if you are willing to volunteer or work. You also should be able to get into a shelter for mothers and children. Theres always a way around it if you truely love your little girl. Seek help so you can keep her.
    JocelynsMama1

Answer by JocelynsMama1 at 7:41 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Would you be able to get to Baltimore Maryland? I know a woman that lives there that may be able to help you.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 7:52 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• You absolutely can go to a women's shelter. They have resources for you and may provide day care while you are looking for a job or apt. You wouldn't have to worry about a place to sleep or eat. You could be together. It is a temporary solution, but I would try to keep her with me if at all possible. There you will have some support while trying to get on your feet. If you were to release her to someone now & get back on your feet, you could have some trouble getting her back if at all. You might regret not keeping her with you. I wish you good luck! Hug that baby!
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 7:56 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• How do you have internet if your in this much trouble? Go to the welfare office and get assistance! They can give you shelter locations or even a hotel.
    Anonymous