10 month old not taking formula anymore... need help!

Starting yesterday my little girl hasn't been drinking very much formula. We're talking 8ish oz a day if I'm lucky. I always offer it to her before any solids, but she'll just suck on her sippee for a minute and then have nothing else to do with it. She has always refused it in a bottle.

Has anyone else experience this? What should I do?

If she's not drinking any more by Monday I'll call her pediatrician to see what he says.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She may have decided that she doesn't want formula anymore. My son did this at 11 months old and we just started giving him whole milk. Some babies decide to wean themselves off of formula earlier than you planned and its completely normal. Is she still eating solids? If she is still eating them, then you really have nothing to worry about.
    innocencexinxme

Answer by innocencexinxme at 7:52 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I wouldn't give her whole milk. I would give her water to drink and yogurt. It's easier to digest and a good source of calcium.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 7:55 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• BTW, I started giving my son whole milk when his pediatrician said it was okay because we tried for so long to get him to start taking formula again. He wouldn't and our pediatrician said since he has no health problems and there is no one in our immediate family that has a lactose allergy, he would be fine and he is doing great. He is a year old now.
    innocencexinxme

Answer by innocencexinxme at 7:58 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I'd take away all solids and only give formual. When baby is hungry they will eat formula.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 8:01 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• don't take away all solids, offer her the formula when she eats too and let that baby eat food!
    Anonymous

• "I'd take away all solids and only give formual. When baby is hungry they will eat formula."

UMMMM... I'd rather not starve my baby. She's 10 months, plenty old enough to have a reasonable diet with solids. The truth is, if she's not getting solids or anything she'll starve. If she was younger maybe I'd try that, but not at this age.
    Anonymous