Is anyone else annoyed with reactions over movies

People are making such a big deal about that movie orplan being bad for adoption.ITS A MOVIE! There was also a big fuss about the davinci code again ITS JUST A MOVIE (and book) and so on and so on.Im just annoyed how people get all freaked out by fiction.If a movie says FACT then worry about it.I never saw at the beginning of harry potter where it says its based on a true story, or orphan for that matter.People cant distinguish between real life and movies

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:25 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I so agree its like people are expecting the true life story of the people in themovies they see. Its quite obvious from the commercials that orphan is a scary movie about a little girl who is adopted. Big deal all us normal people know that orphans most likely arent evil!!! These movies come out of someones imagination not based in fact!!
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 8:32 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I think people just love to bitch about something, ANYTHING!!! Some people will invent stuff to bitch about.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 8:32 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I have not heard this complaint...What have i missed? What's are 'they' saying?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:26 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Movies do influence people. Even if people know it is "just a story" they still have their minds influenced. Not too many people can watch Bambi or Old Yeller and not cry- even though they know it is totally fake. When people see a movie and the drama and hear the music that helps set the mood, even though they know it isn't real, they can be influenced. A part of propaganda is that if you tell people something long enough that eventually they'll believe it, same with movies, TV shows, books.

Answer by Bmat at 9:56 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I haven't heard anything about Orphan. As for DiVinci Code, it may be a book but a lot of what is in the book is real. There really is a group called Illuminati. Just because something is a book or movie, doesn't mean it is not based on something real. Some people just complain because they have nothing better to do. People wanted Harry Potter banned because it would teach kids about witchcraft. Give me a break.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:56 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I really get into watching movies but i don't do the whole buying the 25 series of books that the movie was based on...lol.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 11:13 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• My grandmother had a fit when she saw me reading The Da Vinci Code, she said that it goes against our beliefs. I told her that it was fiction and that was the great thing about fiction, you don't have to believe it but it is entertaining. She did the same thing when I read the Twilight Series, Harry Potter Series and Angels & Demons. Lol, I find it amusing how people can get so worked up over something that is not real...that is why it is called FICTION!
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 11:50 PM on Jul. 25, 2009