(Christians) What does "being saved" mean to you?

Are you saved? What does this mean to you, and how can others obtain it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:35 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• It means that I have accepted the free gift Jesus has offered---salvation by grace through grace. It means that I have a personal relationship with the Savior and because I love Him seek to be obedient to His Word.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 8:38 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• accepting jesus ransome sacrifice
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 9:00 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Being saved to me means that Jesus is going to set me free and take me to heaven when God returns. I will also be a part of the new earth. That is what being saved means to me :)
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 9:02 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Being "saved" means:

Recognizing what sin is and admitting you are a sinner. Admitting that you can't stop sinning.
    Accepting God's way of forgiveness of your sin so you can go to heaven and be in his presence. (He can't be with sin)
    God's way to give humanity forgiveness is the sacrifice of his only son Jesus on the cross as a blood covering for your sin. If you ACCEPT AND BELIEVE IN this blood covering, God doesn't see your sin.
    This is what is meant by "grace (a gift) through faith (belief), and not of myself(through nothing you do), lest any man should boast. (so no one can say, "see, I'm good enough to go to heaven because I do......) Ephesians 2:8

You "obtain" salvation by accepting through faith that God's provision of his son's sacrifice is "payment" for your sins.

timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 9:03 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Lucky for me, I don't have to determine what being saved is because the Bible says it so plainly :-)

"By grace are ye saved through faith and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not by works lest any man should boast" (Ephesians 2:8-9)

"For God so loved the world that he gave his only son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

"If you confess with your mouth that Jesus Christ is Lord and believe in your heart that God has raised him from the dead, so shall ye be saved" (Romans 10:9)

Someone who is saved is a new creation in Christ. "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! " (2 Corinthians 5:17)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 10:33 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Being saved means, you have been 'Born-Again'.Jesus says; No one can come to the Father unless ,he is Born Again,this is a new birth'spiritually'that one recieves the Holy Spirit from accepting Jesus Christ as their personal Savior.Jesus is our personal Savior not only does he care about us all Personally but that He died for All OUR Sins personally.He died on the cross,for Everyone's Sins.[Just wanted to explain what a personal Savior is,to anyone who doesn't undserstand that].Anyways,when I received the Holy Spirit my life radically changed and I wanted to go to church and read my Bible something I would never do before.The Holy Spirit is God,in a spirit form that lives within you,it's a beautiful thing,He has really blessed my life.The Holy Spirit teaches me the Bible and gives me guidance in my Christian life through prayer.Like lexylex said,if you become Born again, saved you will want to obey ALL the Bible has to say.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Great answers you guys.

I also like the story that Jesus told Nicodemus in John chapter 3. "Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." Nicodemus said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?" Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit."

Getting saved is a supernatural change; it's not just a phase. When you accept Jesus as your savior you are born of the Spirit -- you are spiritually alive and the Holy Spirit comes and lives inside of you. He leads, teaches, speaks to you. It is an amazing miracle. You are literally a "new creation." Some of us refer to the day we got saved as our "spiritual birthdays."
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 1:29 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Being saved is being born again in the Spirit of God.
    We no longer walk in darkness for Our God is all light and no darkness does He have.
    Knowing that I have a Father that is a King that came to earth; gave His life for me and has gone back to Heaven to prepare a home for my eternity with Him; however, He did not leave us here by ourselves...He sent His Holy Spirit.
    Being saved is knowing that I know that He is who He claims to be; that He is coming again for His bride...the church.
    Being saved is having a relationship with a living and loving God that you just know is there no matter what.
    Being ONE with the ONLY TRUE ONE!
    amen!!!
    Now I am feeling the love...wooooooooohooooooooooooooooooo!
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 5:26 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Giving up all unnecessary worldly desires and following him with an open heart and unfaltering faith.
    Hollytree

Answer by Hollytree at 7:34 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• From the OP ..... From what are you saved?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Jul. 26, 2009