Help! New mommy and fussy baby ahead!

Okay so my DS is 1 month old and the last few evenings around 7ish he becomes fussy...not all out crying always just fussy with short periods of crying. My DH and I have tried everything we can think of. We have done tummy time, stripped to the diaper, warm bath, swing, bouncy chair, gas relief med, walking, singing, talking, car ride, music, running water, running the vaccum, rocking...anything you have done that might help? Has anyone used gripe water? did you like it or not? did it work? HELP!?!?!?!

konnorsmommy09

Asked by konnorsmommy09 at 8:40 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• But a recieving blanket in the dryer for a couple minutes then wrap him up in it. It worked wonders for my daughter. Thats what they do in the hospital but they actually have a cabinet that keeps blankets warm. Sounds like your being welcomed into the world of colic!
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 9:44 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Thats really weird that it happens right at about the same time....is it right after a feeding? When my son was about that age I had to take him to the dr and it turned out that he was having heart burn. They gave him a clear medicine that I had to give him a couple of times every day, but it helped out a lot. Also when he slept I left him in his car seat because it helped his discomfort. That's all I've got! Hang in there, I know how exasperated you must feel!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 8:45 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Gripe water is a LIFE SAVER!!!!! I used it with all three of my "colicy" kids and recommend it to everyone!!!!
    Anonymous

• You seem to have done eveything in the book. Never heard of gripe water.
    Sometimes you just have to wait it out.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:46 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• i waited out worse than what your going through for almost 11 months. it was all day everyday, i personally think i was being tested. ha and i passed :)
    smilelovesmile

Answer by smilelovesmile at 8:48 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• wow, you went all out. my 1 month old starts at 3am sometimes 5am if I'm lucky. The swing did not work for me. did you try bouncing on a ball (exercise ball) that works a little for me. Playing classical music? This might be tough but I'll let him cry it out a little, just a minute or so, then hold him and rock him or walk him again, because by that time he has exhausted himself a little. Hope it helps, and trust me, I know how you feel!
    melody1881

Answer by melody1881 at 8:48 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I will def try the ball...i try to let him cry it out but I find myself trying more things...i just hate to hear him cry
    konnorsmommy09

Answer by konnorsmommy09 at 8:51 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• CHAMOMILE TEA!!!!! my son is just as fussy as yours and a few sips of the tea and hes fine in minutes, plus it works for gas and makes him sleepy
    courtney7320

Answer by courtney7320 at 8:56 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• love gripe water!!! it definetly works if thats the problem!
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 9:29 PM on Jul. 25, 2009