About vermont welfar

I'm trying to help out my sister in law right now and he is a single mother. She needs to get help but she is worried about going to the state of Vermont to get help becuase she thinks that the state will go after my brother for child support and she doesn't want that. They are still friends and he helps her out as much as he can. So does anyone know if she was to go for any form of aid from the state will they go after my brother for child support?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• In Vermont I believe that it's called "welfare" - In Kentucky it's "welfar"
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 9:14 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• LOL...FlyMom...I lived in Ky and your right!

OP: I think in every state they do go after the father, but in KY, they don't if your only getting food stamps.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 9:20 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I know in CA they force you to file for any aid (including child support) you can get before they will give you anything.
    Anonymous