How to induce labor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Without a doctor, you could try intercourse, and/or walking.

With a doctor, pitocin.
    Anonymous

• I tried everything with my first and nothing worked. I have heard a lot of people say that walking works, but it didn't help me at all.. Good luck
    atjm0919

Answer by atjm0919 at 9:15 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Intercourse worked for us. Also natural raspberry tea can help.
    momtomel

Answer by momtomel at 9:24 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Drink Castor Oil....It Has Worked For Several People I Know.

Have sex then walk will also help in some cases but the castor oil is the sure way to go. Good Luck
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 9:28 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• There have been studies to try to find what works but nothing does. You just have to wait.

GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 9:32 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Hi, okay sex is a really good way to help induce labor, also walking but I personally dont think walking helps unless your cervix is ripe and ready! Please do not try castor oil, although if your dilating and becoming effaced and over your due date it very well could send you into active labor! I decided to take castor oil my 38 AND 39th week and trust me all you get is pains and a bad time in the bathroom :/ But like i said midwives swear by it but your cervix has to be ready! GOOD LUCK!
    renays1

Answer by renays1 at 9:58 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Castor oil does make you go to the bathroom alot of the pressure of the bowels make you go into labor...i suggest castor oil also.
    Anonymous

• Are you talking about on your own? They say sex is the best way, or walking, or spicy food, although i'm not sure how acurate that last one is, it's worth a shot though, worst thing that can happen is you have heartburn instead of contractions.
    treehugger823

Answer by treehugger823 at 10:51 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• try waiting til the babies ready! none of the above will help unless the baby is ready sorry!
    Anonymous

• What about a glass of red wine in the evenings?
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 11:48 PM on Jul. 25, 2009