Anyone else??

ok...so me and my husband are trying to conceive for going on 4 months now and my mom keeps telling me that I should keep testing even if I do get my [af]. She says that all of her pregnancies(a total of 3) she bled and the same with my maternal grandma. She says it runs in the family and that we bleed a basically normal [af] during pregnancy. Has anyone else had this happen to them?? Should I really bother in buying tests even if [af] arrives?? BTW--there are no Dollar stores where I live...so I have to pay at least $10 for a single [hpt].

jazi1105

Asked by jazi1105 at 9:28 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• My mother had a normal af with all four of her children and even I myself jus recently went through a miscarriage and was getting normal periods whether or not you should test im not sure cuz i was told that if you get your normal af is cuz you hcg isnt high enough and if it is not high enough then it wont come out in hpt's it will only be detected in blood test so if you anything like me and my mother then i dnt suggest buying that many hpt's because even if you are pregnant it might not detect it anyways but i would consult with you doctor as well to see what they recommend
    lazo060109

Answer by lazo060109 at 7:14 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I remember hearing in sex ed that it's possible for a woman continue having periods of bleeding after becoming pregnant. I don't know any other info, but I do remember that very clearly.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 9:37 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• My mom bled with me and my now 7 year old brother. She had me @ 24.5 weeks premature (I was due in June) and she didn't know she was pregnant with me until she had me. She didn't know she was pregnant with my brother until she was 6 months along with him but he is a healthy 7 year old boy. I'm not sure about anyone else in my family bleeding during pregnancy. But my mom had just gotten off birth control prior to concieving my brother so maybe that is why she didn't know she was pregnant with him until 6 months gestation.
    bunnymidnight

Answer by bunnymidnight at 8:01 AM on Jul. 26, 2009