Why would a clean house be a trigger for anxiety?

Every night after I clan house (reallygood) I have anxiety attacks. Why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:02 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Health

• No idea. Could it have to do with your adrenalin being up when cleaning and dropping when you are done? It might be worth mentioning to your doctor next time you go.

Answer by Bmat at 10:03 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• What do I do next????
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 10:04 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• After cleaning the house, how about if you take a walk or do some kind of exercise and gradually cool down. This might keep the energy level from dropping so abruptly? if that is what the problem is?

Answer by Bmat at 10:07 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I have attacks all the time. I have been using this natural stuff called Rescue Remedy and when i feel one coming on I spay the spay on my tongue (looks like breath spray) and it calms me down, It works really well. I got it from the natural food store.
    GoddessHeatherM

Answer by GoddessHeatherM at 10:15 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• You're probably overdoing it and expecting too much of yourself. You may be able to catch some "automatic" thoughts that you are having, leading to the panic. An example might be something like "there, that looks really good, but that was hard work, how am I ever going to keep it this way?" Some kind of huge expectations may be part of the problem. I suggest www.flylady.net.
    PamJM

Answer by PamJM at 2:54 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Go to your library, and check out a book called "No More Panic" by Claire Weeks.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:03 AM on Jul. 26, 2009