prenatal classes?

are they really worth taking? or is it wise to just go with the flow?

akalei

Asked by akalei at 10:03 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Depends on the classes and what you want. If you want a drug free birth then it is important to take classes that have a drug free orientation. You should alway take your hospital's orientation tour and class.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 10:07 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• yeah try programs with rewards, i got a ton of free stuff for doing classes
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:21 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• i didn't take one with my 1st & am not with my 2nd, to me, it's a waste of time b/c i'm not going to remember that stuff when i'm trying to squeeze out a baby lol
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:32 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• We took a child birth class that was once a week for 4 weeks. I thought it was informative. I know there was some stuff that may have been useless, but there was other stuff that was covered that has eased my mind about things. Plus she went over what to expect directly after delivery as far as the hospital's normal routine. We took a breastfeeding class and a caring for you and baby class that were both free. I figured, they're free, so why not? We're also taking an infant CPR class next month.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:31 PM on Jul. 25, 2009