• In the Spotlight:

Family Activities

I just recently got a new job where I have to work all week but am one of the lucky ones that has the wkend off but my bf has to work so we never really get to spend time together anymore so my ? is What are some activities that you do w/ your family that is either free or inexpensive and not time consuming were we can have fun and spend time as a family????

JaYsMoMmY09

Asked by JaYsMoMmY09 at 10:07 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Go to a playground? Go on a picnic? or maybe board games? Some towns have summer concerts where you bring a blanket or chairs and sit in the park and listen? Go to the mall and stop for ice cream?

Congratulations on your job!

Answer by Bmat at 10:10 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• We like to go to the park and just hang out. We take a blanket and snacks, and me and dh just hang out while the kids play. We take plasma cars, bikes, and sometimes roller blades. I thought I wouldn't like it, but I actually find it quite relaxing. Call your local museum. Sometimes they do not charge entrance fees on certain days. That's all I can think off... where money isn't required anyway...
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 10:15 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Check with your city to see what programs they offer free to the community. Our city does free movie nights, they show movies on the side of a building and there is free music and sometimes food vendors. There are also things like our local nature center, which is free. We like to occasionally go bowling, but it would probably depend on how old your kiddos are. Our bowling alley has two dollar tuesdays.
    Guaranteed

Answer by Guaranteed at 10:22 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• most city pools are pretty inexpensive, call and ask if they have a family night. Or play in the sprinkler. Build a fort, pop popcorn and watch a movie together from it. Go for a walk after dinner. Dance. Go to story time at the library.
    bltcahill

Answer by bltcahill at 10:30 PM on Jul. 25, 2009