ADHD??

Okay, my daughter is 3. And recently her doctor had put her on Adderall XR 5mg. Because she thought that maybe she had ADHD. Well come to find out I guess she didn't so the doctor took her off of it. Now she's throwing major fits! Always fighting for attention, she has 3 other siblings so they are all competing! And literally its driving me crazy and i'm not sure what to do about it. I don't even feel comfortable leaving the house with her. Shes very loud and rude in public. Anyone have any suggestions?

soccermom86

Asked by soccermom86 at 10:08 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Are you consistent with her discipline? That might be where I'd start, figuring out what she knows or thinks she can get away with and put an end to it first, then tackle the rest.

Anonymous

• Wow.........she was on ADHD meds at 3? I would be looking for another doctor. Have you tried seeking some help on learning how to deal with her behavior if you feel its beyond basic three year old behavior? Doesnt matter if you have 10 kids. Sometimes we need help on learning how to deal with behaviors. Learning how to help your daughter instead of giving her drugs at 3 years old. I know you must have your hands full. I hope the best for you and yours........
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 10:25 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Did her Dr. have her taken down off the meds gradually? or was it cold turkey? Did that matter with the type she was on? I don't know if her medicine is the king
    LovetoTeach247

Answer by LovetoTeach247 at 1:05 AM on Jul. 26, 2009