33 weeks and baby is turned wrong

So i had an ultrasound last night and my son is turned tranverse across my diaphram.i have to go in for weekly ultrasounds now to see if he will turn. They said he should already be in the right position and for some reason its easier to turn a traditional breech baby than a sideways baby in a first time mom. Has anyone had this and their baby turned? Did having the doctor try and turn them work? Btw my son is already over five pounds.will that make it harder for him to move?

KJ_on

Asked by KJ_on at 10:18 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I got in a warm bath and tried to relax my abdominal muscles as best as I could. I felt for the babies head and found it pressed into my hip I gently coaxed his head with one hand and one foot with the other until he turned so that his head was facing down. I knew that it was risky and might not work but I wanted to avoid a c-section.

Miriam Z Patient Care Tech, CNA, Birth Doula
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 10:52 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Both my sons were in position very early and never moved! Lol. However my 3rd, my daughter, was a gymnast. She was in a different position every time I went in! I swear she was still flipping around the last week. Of course every baby is different, but don't worry too much. Your baby may flip the last day, or maybe not. I hope things go well for you!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:22 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• mine is doing the same thing & i'm 34 weeks, my ob said he'll turn when he's ready to come out
    Anonymous

• They tried to turn my son and he wouldn't budge. It was incredibly painful and sent me into labor at 36 weeks. I never want to do that again, I can't tell you how badly its hurts for them to turn the baby. When my daughter was also transverse, I just scheduled a C-Section.
    Anonymous

• My baby was transverse breech at 36 weeks and I didn't want to go under epidural and have a version done so I tried turning him myself. I turned him so that he was head down which is how he staid until he was born. Good luck!
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 10:30 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• My first was in this position and never moved ( actually sideways with her bum stuck in my pelvis) I had a c-section... I really wanted them to try and turn her they said it's harder than traditional breech like you said. Not to mention dangerous if you have a front lying placenta most doctors won't even try it. GL
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 10:31 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• miriamz... just curious what worked for you? I tried a few silly things to get my daughter to turn I imagine some of them work in some situations. ( I tried rocking on my hands and knees with my butt in the air like an idiot ( for a long time)... my mom looked stuff up and at one point I was laying upside down on an ironing board propped up by the couch...) lol
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 10:35 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• How did you turn him yourself? I read up on having a version done and it does sound too dangerous. Much more so than a c section. I realy want to have an all natural birth though. Plus his position now is just plain uncomfterable
    KJ_on

Answer by KJ_on at 10:37 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• My dd was breech, feet behind her head... they tried to turn her at birth and she wasn't having it (I guess I wasn't either). They didn't know she was breech until my water broke and her butt came down so I was rushed in for an emergency C
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 10:39 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• there is still time for your baby to move on its own. You can help it along by getting down on all fours!!!! do you have an exercise ball kneel down and lean forward on the ball, rock back and forth also tilt your pelvis forward letting your belly drop toward the floor. do this a few times a day everyday. Babies can move and change positions even after a Dr "moves" the baby. if there is enough room the baby can even move during labor. I would try doing this yourself before having them do it manually.
    angelbabies14

Answer by angelbabies14 at 10:43 PM on Jul. 25, 2009