my 4 1/2 year old will not go to the potty

my little girl is 41/2yrs old and will not go. we have tried potty chrat rewards cold turkey, books, dvds. let her drink what ever she wants for a day. no luck. Her dr even sent her to a nuerologist (sp sorry). who wants to put her on prozac for the potty or supostories. (he ran no test just told me lets do this). I am not going to do either. Asking for another dr. Menwhile I am trying to potty train with no luck. I belive she has ADHD. I need help I am just so fustrated !

MominCa

Asked by MominCa at 10:18 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• awe:( im sorry for your frustration but please do not do the medication! i have never heard such rubbish. well has she been around other girls her age? if not try to get her to see the other girls and how much of "big girls" they are. she'll probably want to be like them. another is you could go panty shopping with her. pick out some panties together..idk what else except maybe she really does have an issue? gl
    Anonymous

• I agree with the last comment left 100% I had it VERY easy with my girls, but my cousin had a hard time with her daughter. She finally let her daughter go into the bathroom with my girls and after she saw them, so wanted to be a "big girl" too. Take her to the store and let her pick out some big girl panties. Let her put them on as soon as you get home. There will be accidents, but you can't get mad at her. Tell her that it's ok and it was just an accident. clean her up and put new panties on here. She will get the hang of things. They make plastic sheets that you can put on her bed when you are ready for panties at night. They are great. Stop all drinks an hour to 2 hours before bed when you are ready to panties at night. But, start slow and be patient with her. She will get the hang of things. Good luck. :o)
    mommyoftwins114

Answer by mommyoftwins114 at 12:33 PM on Jul. 26, 2009